By Ricky, Secretary
This must-have recipe for all keen lovers of a good Sunday roast is adapted from BBC Good Food.
Potatoes are a good source of vitamin C, calcium, magnesium, potassium, folate, and fibre and are almost fat-free! Wicked!
- 1.25kg of potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- (Herbs, or mustard)
- Baking tray/roasting tin
- Oven gloves
- Vegetable peeler
- Knife and chopping board
- Heat oven to 200°C or gas mark 6.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into either halves or quarters depending on their size.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, add the potatoes, then boil for 5 mins.
- Drain the potatoes well, then shake in the colander (or back in the pan), to rough up the edges a little; that’ll allow your potatoes to become crispy and crunchy as we love them!
- Tip into your largest roasting tin and sprinkle with the flour and some salt. Stir, then drizzle over the oil and stir again so that no dusty flour remains.
- Bake the potatoes for roughly 45-50 minutes, turning them after 25 minutes until golden.
Chef’s Top Tips
- Ensure you use oven gloves to safely take the baking tray in and out of your oven.
- Try seasoning the potatoes with black pepper, or some dried herbs, or even mustard if you have them.
- Sweet potatoes and parsnips are also lovely vegetables too!