By Ricky, Secretary
The perfect addition to a mouth-watering BBQ or just a generally delicious, fresh and cheap everyday snack! This is my own simple recipe for an easy-peasy healthy dressing!
- Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- Fresh greens
- Knife and chopping board
- Mixing bowl
- Frying pan
- Using the colander, wash your greens, tomato and cucumber.
- Dice the cucumber and the tomato and set to one side.
- To make the dressing, mix in an equal ratio of Dijon mustard, set honey and olive oil.
- Add a touch of vinegar (I like to use balsamic!)
- Mix these together in your bowl using a spatula and add more of each component based on your taste, and season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly toast your walnuts to alleviate their flavours.
- Grate your cheese (e.g: Parmesan) and mix with dressing in bowl with salad.
- Serve immediately!
Chef’s Top Tips
- Try using the same dressing with other salad mixes!
- Add some crumbly feta cheese and olives to add a Greek twist!