By Zapran, DYC Councillor
My Filipino-inspired recipe is sure to warm you up! With oriental ingredients and powerful flavours, this hearty dish is perfect when you want to stay healthy but still have a craving for delicious flavours.
- Sesame oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 chicken thighs
- 1 sliced cabbage
- Soy sauce
- Shaoxing rice wine
- Chilli oil
- Vegetable oil
- Teriyaki sauce
- Black pepper
- Knife and chopping board
- Oven dish
- Put 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil into a pan over small heat.
- Dice your onion using a chopping board.
- Panfry until golden.
- Using another chopping board, dice the chicken breasts.
- Season with salt, and add three tablespoons of soy sauce, two tablespoons of Shaoxing rice wine, two teaspoons of Chinese chilli oil and one teaspoon of teriyaki sauce.
- Add a handful of thinly sliced spring onion.
- Stir and then cover the pan with a lid for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, put the pan off the heat.
- Transfer the chicken to an oven dish.
- Place the oven dish into the oven at 100C for 10 mins.
- Cook the sliced cabbage using the same method mentioned above (don’t put it in the oven!)
- Serve with rice noodles (follow instructions on packaging)
Chef’s Top Tips!
- Garnish the chicken with toasted sesame seeds for that extra Oriental punch!
- Try serving with rice or vermicelli noodles for a change in texture!