Dartford Youth Council (DYC) is a non-political body of young people elected from the schools and voluntary youth groups in the Borough of Dartford.
They are supported by Dartford Borough Council and KCC Youth and Community Services.
The Dartford Youth Council aims to provide a means of two-way communication between Dartford Borough Council and the young people who live, work and go to school in the Dartford Borough (ages: 12-18 years).
We provide a vehicle for effective communication and consultation with other young people. Equally it encourages a spirit of citizenship and engagement with Members and Officers of the Council.
As a Member of the DYC, any young person could also be given the opportunity to develop their inter-personal, presentation skills and confidence.
You could be given the chance to meet other young people, but, equally to work with, and present the opinions of Dartford Youth to, Borough and County-wide organisations such as the KCC Local Boards.
- Dartford Youth Council members can stand, in future years, for the Kent Youth County Council or, indeed, for the UK Youth Parliament.
- Every Secondary School in the Borough of Dartford is entitled to send five Members, selected by ballot, to serve on the DYC.
- Every Youth Club / Organisation in the Borough of Dartford is entitled to send two Members.
- Elections are held in October each year in schools and youth groups.
- Membership is only for one year but members can stand for re-election in subsequent years if they so wish.
To find out more about the elections now taking place….
If you are interested in representing your school or youth organisation on the Dartford Youth Council, please speak to your current DYC representative or your headteacher or youth group leader. Alternatively contact us.