By Ricky, Secretary
This recipe from Real Meals (a recipe pack from Change4Life) is the perfect warm soup for a cold winter’s day.
Hearty and healthy, this soup is easily adaptable so you could try adding your own seasonal vegetables. Have fun!
- 2 large leeks
- 2 medium potatoes
- 850ml stock (water and stock cube)
- Black pepper
- Knife and chopping board
- Vegetable peeler
- Measuring jug
- Wash and peel the leeks and potatoes.
- Chop the tomatoes into small chunks using your knife and chopping board.
- Place the vegetables in a saucepan and add the stock.
- Reduce the heat and cook gently for half-an-hour.
- Add some black pepper.
- Serve the soup hot.
Chef’s Top Tips!
- You could try adding carrots, swede, cabbage, peppers and more to get in your 5-a-day.
- Try adding some grated cheese for that lovely, warm and pure decadence we all crave!